Committed to Education
Lakeside School Kelowna is a non-profit, independent private school founded in 2018 to foster creative, critical thinkers ready to take on the world and turn challenges into possibilities. Our teachers are more connected to our students, the students to each other, and, most importantly, they learn to be connected to themselves. Our classrooms are genuinely rooted in relationships.
We are a Registered Initiative of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA), a member of the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN) and the Federation of Independent School Associations British Columbia (FISABC).
Our school is located in the Lower Mission area in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Our campus is only minutes away from beautiful Okanagan Lake! Children spend some of their daily nature time turning over and collecting rocks on one of three nearby beaches.
Our Parents Council Association (PC) is open to all adults in our community, which provides us with a framework for parent participation.
To have a supportive and engaged school community with a strong and rich social fabric.
- To connect with the wider community through open events.
- To relate to other parents through celebrating festivals, participating in volunteer opportunities and parent education workshops.
- To support faculty endeavours as requested.
- To contribute to the school through fundraising efforts.
- To execute all these activities while upholding Lakeside School values.
Check our seasonal newsletter prepared by our Parent Council.