Lakeside School is an independent school open to the public. We strive to make our education available for all who desire it. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, nationality, or ethnic origin. Only part of the cost of educating our children is met through tuition. Increasing fundraising and gifts can minimize tuition increases. The continuing challenge is finding activities that are the least labour-intensive for the amount of income generated and supporting our image and philosophy.
Annual Giving Campaign
Gifts to our Annual Giving Campaign support our school and aid in developing our programs that tuition alone cannot meet. A gift given in freedom is one of the most profound statements supporting the greater social goals of promoting education. We ask that every family contribute to the Annual Giving Campaign (in whatever amount possible). One hundred percent participation in this effort by the families directly involved in our school provides a strong spiritual base for our fundraising efforts with those outside of our school community.
Gifts to the Annual Giving Campaign are fully tax-deductible and gratefully accepted throughout the year. We were reminded of the quieter, less visible, but very tangible improvements to our school made possible by generous financial contributions to the Annual Giving Campaigns.
Previous Annual Giving Campaigns Have Funded:
- Continuing education for full-time faculty – helping to attract and retain our most valued resource
- Expanded the safe Kindergarten play area to accommodate our second Kindergarten class – fruition of our goal to increase enrolment
- Enhanced and added to our outdoor items to enrich and enliven the children’s time in the play area – a need expressed and fulfilled for our children
- Sponsored several notable individuals: Nancy Mellon, Bob Monsen, Anne Glover, Les Black to continue the enlightening education of our families and faculty – enriching our community
- Upgraded the school’s library for our children
- Upgraded the roofing to add our Solar Panel Array
- Upgraded the flooring and added a bathroom in our Early Childhood rooms to add more space for children on our waitlist
To learn more about the annual giving campaign, drop by the office.
There is more than one way to give at Lakeside School. Giving can be done through tax-deductible donations, assisting with fundraising in the community, or participating in providing goods and services that can be sold at auction to raise monies, or provide your time through volunteering.